Geneva English School
and Pupil Welfare
Safeguarding and Pupil Welfare
GES is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers who work with us to share this commitment.
We keep our safeguarding policies and procedures under continuous review and take pride in maintaining a warm, caring and encouraging atmosphere in which children can thrive and be happy.
All our staff undergo rigorous vetting and child protection checks, including checks with past employers and appropriate prohibition and criminal records checks. They receive full child protection training in line with both Swiss and UK statutory guidance. Alongside our team of Designated Safeguarding Leads, we also have a school doctor, a school nurse and a school counsellor.
We often refer to the following articles from the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child:
- Article 19: You have the right to be protected from being hurt and mistreated, in body or mind.
- Article 34: You have the right to be free from sexual abuse.
- Article 36: You have the right to protection from any kind of exploitation (being taken advantage of).
- Article 37: No one is allowed to punish you in a cruel or harmful way.
- Article 39: You have the right to help if you’ve been hurt, neglected or badly treated.
Our child protection policies can be found in the policies section of the website