GES is currently open to applications from boys and girls aged 3 to 16. Our pupils are intellectually curious, have a variety of interests outside the classroom and above all have real zest for life and learning. If you would like to find out more, please come and visit us and experience the energy and spirit of GES for yourself.
Our admissions procedure normally includes:
- Initial enquiry and registration of a pupil’s details
- Consideration of the application and any supporting documentation
- A report from the previous school or nursery, where appropriate
- A visit by the pupil and parents and/or a discussion via telephone or online video call
- Submission of a completed application form, on receipt of which the child’s name is registered
- The offer of a place, or advice should it not be possible to offer a place
The majority of children join us at the beginning of an academic year. However, vacancies arise at other times and, depending on the circumstances, children can be admitted at any time of the year. We maintain a waiting list for year groups that are full.
Entry to GES Early Years and GES Primary
The normal points of entry into GES Early Years and Primary are:
- At age 3+ into the Nursery
- At age 4+ into the Reception classes
- At age 5+ into Year 1
In addition, vacancies often arise in Years 2-6.
Entry to GES Secondary
Currently, we are admitting pupils into Year 7 (11+), Year 8 (12+) and Year 9 (13+) and accepting applications for Year 10 (14+) in September 2019.