As a not-for-profit foundation, GES is financed exclusively by tuition fees and donations. Our tuition fees are recognized as being extremely competitive and inclusive (all books and resources for learning, age-appropriate ICT equipment, extra-curricular activities, day trips) compared with other international schools.
1. Registration fee
This non-refundable fee of CHF 1'500 covers the administrative costs of processing your application. It is valid for re-entry to the school within one year of leaving. GES does not charge an annual administration fee.
2. Capital development fee
The non-refundable capital development fee is used for the continual improvement and upgrading of the school environment. The payment is split as follows: CHF 2’000 at registration and a further CHF 2’000 after one year. It is valid for re-entry to the school within two years of leaving. Pupils wishing to re-enter the school are subject to the usual requirements of admission.
3. Tuition deposit
The tuition deposit of CHF 3'000 is held by the school until the pupil’s final term. It is deducted from the invoice for the final term of the pupil’s attendance at the school. When leaving the school, parents have the option to donate the tuition deposit to the GES Development Fund. All donations to GES are exempt of taxes.
- Hot lunches (optional): CHF 530 to CHF 2'500 per year, depending on number of days per week
- Bus service (optional): CHF 3'400 to CHF 4'200 per year, depending on home address, or CHF 20 for a one-off ride
- After School Care (optional; Primary only): CHF 18 per hour
- Extra-curricular activities led by external teachers (optional)
- Individual music lessons (optional)
- Sport and PE kit: CHF 75
- Ski camp or occasional residential trips (optional): c. CHF 900
- Annual residential camp (Year 2 to Year 7): CHF 400 to CHF 600
All prices in CHF
|Attendance||2 days||3 days||4 days||5 days|
|Total for the year||8'980||11'565||15'885||19'330|
|Total for the year||25'345|
|Grade||Years 7 - 9||Year 10|
|Total for the year||29'560||30'445|
|The tuition fees for the Spring term 2020 are due on or before 6 January 2020.|
|The tuition fees for the Summer term 2020 are due on or before 31 March 2020.|
From 2020/21 onwards
|1st instalment||20%||due on 30 June|
|2nd instalment||20%||due on 31 August|
|3rd instalment||30%||due on 31 December|
|4th instalment||30%||due on 31 March|
Mid-year joiners are charged a pro-rata amount for the remainder of the year.