As a not-for-profit foundation, GES is financed exclusively by tuition fees and donations. Our tuition fees are recognized as being extremely competitive and inclusive (all books and resources for learning, age-appropriate ICT equipment, extra-curricular activities, day trips) compared with other international schools.
Joining fees for new pupils
1. Registration fee
This non-refundable fee of CHF 1'500 covers the administrative costs of processing your application. It is valid for re-entry to the school within one year of leaving. GES does not charge an annual administration fee.
2. Capital development fee
The non-refundable capital development fee is used for the continual improvement and upgrading of the school environment. The payment is split as follows: CHF 2’000 at registration and a further CHF 2’000 after one year. It is valid for re-entry to the school within two years of leaving. Pupils wishing to re-enter the school are subject to the usual requirements of admission.
3. Tuition deposit
The tuition deposit of CHF 3'000 is held by the school until the pupil’s final term. It is deducted from the invoice for the final term of the pupil’s attendance at the school. When leaving the school, parents have the option to donate the tuition deposit to the GES Development Fund. All donations to GES are exempt of taxes.
- Hot lunches (optional): CHF 530 to CHF 2'500 per year, depending on number of days per week
- Bus service (optional): CHF 3'400 to CHF 4'200 per year, depending on home address, or CHF 20 for a one-off ride
- After School Care (optional; Primary only): CHF 18 per hour
- Extra-curricular activities led by external teachers (optional)
- Individual music lessons (optional)
- Sport and PE kit: CHF 75
- Ski camp or occasional residential trips (optional): c. CHF 900
- Annual residential camp (Year 2 to Year 7): CHF 400 to CHF 600