Geneva English School
Our vision and values
Our vision is to provide an outstanding education within a caring and collaborative learning environment. We take the traditions and values of British education and combine them with the best of modern, international programmes to create an engaging, relevant and cutting-edge education that prepares individuals for the interconnected world of the future.
To achieve our vision, we strive to provide:
- A warm, welcoming and outward looking international community in which the values of GES are lived out in reality;
- A caring and stimulating atmosphere of teamwork, fun and self-motivation in which the talents and interests of every individual are encouraged and developed;
- Sensitive pastoral care based upon a close understanding of each individual student;
- A curriculum that is engaging, relevant and challenging and in which linguistic, mathematical, scientific, technological, physical, creative, social, moral and spiritual elements are intrinsic and interlinked components;
- Expert, well-motivated members of staff who are committed to the continual improvement of the school, to their own professional development, and to the happiness, development and success of the students;
- Opportunities for students to engage in a wide variety of activities, to develop their skills and confidence, to engage with both the local and wider community, and to experience the beauty and culture of Switzerland.
Our core values of teamwork, community, respect, courage, opportunity and integrity truly matter to us and extend to the whole community, both adults and children. They represent fundamental beliefs and ideals that we share and to which we are committed.