Sport & PE
GES provides children with a programme which promotes learning through movement. A wide range of sporting activities (as part of the curriculum and co-curricular) provide the opportunity for each child to discover that physical activity is an important and enjoyable part of their personal wellbeing.
Our PE lessons focus on a range of sports and games to enable pupils to develop their physical fitness and skills. Although competition is introduced and encouraged, the emphasis during the primary years is on participation in an enjoyable, safe and non-threatening environment.
Curriculum PE is enhanced by a variety of opportunities to participate in lunchtime and after school sports and physical activities such as netball, football, rugby, basketball, cricket, golf, yoga, athletics, cross-country running, hockey and cricket. An annual ski competition is organized at a nearby ski station in which over half the school, from Nursery upwards, take part.
GES takes part in inter-school competitions in various sports including:
- COBIS (Council of British International Schools) competitions
- Local netball competitions
- Tournoi Scolaire football competition
- Local boys and girls football tournaments
- British Inter-school Ski Challenge in Les Houches
- SGIS (Swiss Group of International Schools) ski competitions
- UK netball tour
- UK rugby tour
- GES inter-schools athletics competition
- GES inter-schools cross-country competition
- GES inter-schools netball competition