Geneva English School ("Us", "We", or "Our") operates the www.geschool.ch website (“Our Website”).
1. What type of personal data do we collect and how do we collect them?
We may collect and process personal data about you from your use of Our Website.
In particular, We may collect and process personal data about you or your child when you fill in forms on Our Website (for example, by completing an application form, requesting a prospectus or making an online enquiry about Geneva English School), by corresponding with Us by email on the 'Contact Us' section of Our Website, or when supplied to Us by one of our service providers (e.g. financial institutions) or obtained from publicly available sources (e.g. social media profiles).
The personal data you give Us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, as well as information about your child (including but not limited to his or her name, date of birth and current school).
2. For which purposes do we process personal data?
We may process the personal data described above for the following purposes only:
- to provide you with the information and services that you request from us
- to send future correspondence in relation to your query and details about events and Geneva English School that you may be interested in.
- to help Us to improve our website, services and communications to you.
- because the processing is necessary to perform our contractual obligations towards you or to take pre-contractual steps at your request;
- because processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interest or those of any third party recipients that receive your personal data, provided that such interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms;
- any purposes related and/or ancillary to the above or for which your personal data was provided to Us, or any purposes imposed by our legal and regulatory obligations and authorities.
3. Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information about how our website is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of Our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of Our Website.
4. Transfer Of Data
We may transfer or give access to personal data to third parties to complete the purposes listed above, to the extent that they need it to carry out the instructions we have given to them. Such third parties may include
- third parties who process personal data, such as our website designers, event organisers, email delivery service providers, database and cloud providers and consultants, as well as third party companies and individuals to facilitate Our Website ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist Usin analysing how Our Website is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose
- our advisors and external lawyers in the context of the sale or transfer of any part of our business or its assets; and
- any national and/or international regulatory, enforcement or exchange body or court where we are required to do so by applicable law or regulation or at their request.
The personal data transferred by Us may also be processed in a country outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") - which covers the EU Member States, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway- in particular in the United States which may not offer the same level of personal data protection as EEA countries.
5. Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to Us, but no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
6. Google Analytics
We may use Google Analytics for the purposes of managing the website (including measuring the usage of the website and drawing up statistics) as well as for the modification and improvement of the website. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of Our Website. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
8. What are your rights regarding your personal data?
You can unsubscribe from our emails at any time by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject to certain legal conditions, you also have the right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold, the correction or deletion of your personal data or to object to or restrict our using of your personal data, by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you object to the processing of your personal information, or withdraw your consent previously given, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations.
Your objection (or withdrawal of any previously given consent) could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes set out above or that you may not be able to make use of the services and products offered by Us. Please note that even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent we may be able to continue to process your personal data to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law, in particular in connection with exercising and defending our legal rights or meeting our legal and regulatory obligations.
* * *
If you have any questions, please contact us.